- suspendeddustparticles reblogged this from fuckyeahteenmoms
- hunger-auf-dich reblogged this from fuckyeahteenmoms
- cutmy-wristsand-blackmyeyes likes this
- skyscrapermadhouse reblogged this from fuckyeahteenmoms
- beautiful-girls-with-secrets likes this
- dearestpj likes this
- keepingthebaby reblogged this from fuckyeahteenmoms and added:
- thechaoticanarchy likes this
- ragdollmink likes this
- ellsiebaby likes this
- letyourselfbesilentlydrawn reblogged this from fuckyeahteenmoms
- mermaidsinthetardis likes this
- mermaidsinthetardis reblogged this from thefemimommy
- sailwithmeintothedarkk likes this
- heathersjourneytohealth likes this
- aaciddripp reblogged this from teaandfloral
- raisingmyprophet likes this
- the-rizz likes this
- kre8tivemom likes this
- rebukiii likes this
- tattooedddmummie likes this
- themoonsmelody likes this
- mommasparrow likes this
- fuckyeahteenmoms posted this
Fuck Yeah Teen Moms
Changing the conversation around young parents.
Sharing resources and awesome sauce.
Support, not stigma.
This is in response to nearly a decade of fighting imagery that uses families like mine as the poster child for causing poverty and misery.
This is in response to an industry that puts the onus of preventing poverty on individual young women while completely ignoring the actual cause of poverty - an economic system that devalues children and families and most people at every step of the way.
This is in response to the messaging that everything will be okay if you just wait - in the face of mass incarceration, stop and frisk, closure of public schools, defunding of public education, inaccessible healthcare, sequestering the safety net.
Young families are not the problem here. We are one of the only countries without paid maternity leave. You can be fired if your child gets the chicken pox.
But obscene amount of money goes into shaming young moms and telling youth who are getting screwed over by our system from birth that everything will be okay if they "make good choices".